Search This Blog

Friday, March 18, 2011

Finally....my 1st post!

 "....being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6

Hello family and friends! The idea of doing this blog has been swirling around in my head for quite some time now, and since I have been "officially" accepted into the nursing program, I figured it was time to get started. My niece (Ruth) and my nephew (Matt) have recently started blogging and have both inspired me to do one of my own...thanks guys! :)

The purpose of this blog is to simply have a place to write about my experiences in school and life in general. Many people ask me about how I'm doing in school, and I figured it would be a way to keep everyone up to date. I also hope and pray that through this blog, I may inspire someone to step out of their comfort zone and do something that they have always dreamed of....whether it's returning to school, starting a business, engaging in a hobby, or whatever it may be that you desire. Along those lines, I will always try to start my blog posts with an encouraging quote or saying.

Just so you know where I stand now with school, I am currently in the middle of my 4th semester at SUNY Ulster and have almost completed all of the pre-requisite courses that are required for an associate of science degree in nursing. This fall I will begin the 1st of four semesters of core nursing classes and clinicals, with a graduation date of May 2013. From there, I definitely want to go on for my bachelors, and maybe even masters degree in nursing but for now....one step at a time!

This whole school experience has been, by far, one of the scariest and hardest things (besides becoming a parent) that I have ever taken on in my life! It has only been by the grace and help of God and the undying support and encouragement from my husband, family, and friends that I have gotten this far. With that being said, I so appreciate all of the support and prayers that have been said for me these past couple of years...thank you! Please keep it coming as the real fun is about to begin!!

Thanks for reading! Please always feel free to leave comments and feedback...I love to hear from you!

1 comment:

  1. Cindy: This blog is a great idea and we will be excited to see all your accomplishments. You really are an inspiration. Blog away we are looking forward to some interesting tales. (U) John (A) Julie

    ReplyDelete