Search This Blog

Saturday, March 26, 2011

It's not too late....

"It's not about how to achieve your dreams. It's about how you lead your life. If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you."....Randy Pausch
Well, this week has been an emotional week for me on a few different levels. Last Saturday, a childhood friend of mine, John Knight, lost his life to a fatal heart attack at 39 years of age. 39! I just turned 39 and I feel like I'm just getting started, and his life has ended. Even though I haven't seen John in quite some time, the news of his passing has struck me at my core. It has also put things into perspective for me, something we all need once in a while. It has reminded me that life doesn't guarantee you second chances....you never know when someone or something may be lost forever. So, take every opportunity to tell the ones you love how important they are to you. Take the time to go on that vacation or visit that place that you have always wanted see. Enjoy your hobbies, or learn a new one. Follow your dreams. 
Speaking of dreams....my emotions got the best of me as I was setting up my nursing classes for this fall. As I filled out the paperwork, it asked the question "current major?" Up until now, I have had to say "pre-nursing", but now I can put "nursing". As I was writing, it struck me....I am a nursing student! I think the realization of how far I've come in the past 2 years and the great responsibility of what I am about to embark on got the best of me. God has really blessed me with this awesome opportunity and now I must make the best of it.
Lastly, I read the book this week The Last Lecture and it was extremely inspiring. The author, Randy Pausch, died at the age of 47 from pancreatic cancer. His positive attitude and the way he handled his life, especially his last days, is just amazing to me. The quote at the beginning of this post is from the book. Read it if you get a chance...it will change you.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment